You've notched wins - some small, and some big - and you're making downtown believers out of your neighbors. Now might be the time to formalize your efforts.
To prepare your community to enter the Wyoming Main Street program you'll need to:
· Have a designated five-member volunteer steering committee, with a point person/chair.
· Host a Placemaking Training/Project in the community (in Level 2 or 3).
· Illustrate interest on the behalf of businesses and citizens for the revitalization of downtown.
· Illustrate how the city and county government recognizes the importance of downtown as an asset to the community.
· Host/attend a Main Street 101 Training Session.
· Turn in a short Checklist/Progress Update every 6 months.
In exchange for all that work you'll receive:
· ½ day SOAR Analysis (Strengths, Opportunities, Aspirations & Results).
· ½ day Action Planning or Strategic Doing session(s) (More than 1 available as long as progress is made).
· Main Street 101 Training Session (potentially virtual).
· Opportunity to attend Monthly Wyoming Main Street Leadership Calls.
· Opportunity to attend (potentially virtual) Wyoming Main Street Webinars and training sessions.
· Opportunity to be a part of Wyoming Main Street initiatives.
· Main Street America Membership paid for 1 year (may be eligible for a second-year membership if complete all items on checklist). This membership includes access to all toolkits and resources of Main Street America.
· Limited scholarships are available for National Main Street Now Conference and Wyoming Best Practices Workshop (Competitive Application).