25th Anniversary Logo White Transparent
Close this search box.

Startup Resources

Entrepreneurship Assistance

The Wyoming Business Council has a plethora of resources for businesses and communities to access to continue to grow and thrive in Wyoming. See some of our resources below and you are always welcome to reach out to your Regional Director for more information.

Taylor Vignaroli

Entrepreneur Development Manager

[email protected]

Learn More About State of Wyoming Workforce Assistance

Business Resource Network

The Wyoming Business Resource Network is a collection of organizations funded and supported by the Wyoming Business Council and the University of Wyoming. These partners collaborate to assist all businesses – big and small – throughout the state. This multi-layered business assistance structure helps new businesses get started and helps established businesses continue to grow – every step of the way.

Resources include, among other things, market research to help businesses understand who their customers are, how best to reach them and what the competition is doing. 

Contact your Regional Director to access these resources. 


Financing Options

For financial assistance and questions about our financing programs, head over to our financing page with the link below.

Licensing & Permitting

Are you starting a business or expanding your scope? Then you want to make sure you have the right licenses and permits in place in order to be successful and maintain compliance. 

The Wyoming Business Council contracts with the Wyoming Small Business Development Center (SBDC) Network to offer assistance and one-on-one guidance with business licensing and permitting questions and needs. Contact Devan Costa-Cargill for help.

Devan Costa-Cargill


[email protected]

Frequently Asked Questions

  1. How do I form a Wyoming LLC or corporation? Must I register my out-of-state LLC or corporation to do business in Wyoming?
    All legal structure registrations are processed by the Secretary of State. http://soswy.state.wy.us/Forms/default.aspx. Phone: 307-777-7311.
  2. How do I determine if a transaction is subject of sales tax? How do I acquire a sales tax license?
    The Department of Revenue addresses sales tax concerns. https://revenue.wyo.gov/divisions/excise-tax Phone: 307-777-5200.
  3. How do I secure a Wyoming general contractor’s license?
    Contractor licensing (except electrical) is not done by the state of Wyoming. Rather, the option to license contractors is deferred to the local jurisdiction where the construction activity is to take place. Local contacts are found at this site: http://wyomuni.org/members/. Each region has towns listed alphabetically.
  4. How do I apply for Unemployment and Workers’ Compensation coverage?
    The Department of Workforce Services administers both of these programs.
    wyui.wyo.gov/benefits/home.do. Phone: 307-777-8717.
  5. How do I apply for a federal tax ID number (EIN)?
    The Internal Revenue Service provides this number. http://www.irs.gov/Businesses/Small-Businesses-&-Self-Employed/How-to-Apply-for-an-EIN. Phone: 800-829-1040.
  6. I’m delinquent in filing my LLC or corporate annual report? How can I reinstate my business registration?
    The Secretary of State processes reinstatement documents. https://wyobiz.wy.gov/Business/Reinstatement.aspx Phone: 307-777-7311.
  7. What license do I need to manufacture or sell food products in the state?
    The Wyoming Department of Agriculture (and some local jurisdictions) licenses food manufacturers, wholesalers, and retailers. http://wyagric.state.wy.us/divisions/chs. Phone: 307-777-7211.
  8. How do I determine my federal tax obligations?
    Contact the Internal Revenue Service. https://www.irs.gov/businesses. Phone: 800-829-1040.
  9. I want to be in the transportation business. What credentials do I need?
    You may need to register with the Wyoming Department of Transportation (http://www.dot.state.wy.us/home/trucking_commercial_vehicles.default.html. Phone: 307-777-4850 as well as the Federal Highway Administration (http://www.fmcsa.dot.gov/. Phone: 307-772-2305.
  10. Is there one office that acts as a comprehensive clearinghouse for licensing and permitting information and assistance?
    Yes, contact Devan Costa-Cargill at 307-254-7755.
Skip to content