Close this search box.

Frequently Asked Questions


Unfortunately, there is no comprehensive list of all Wyoming businesses.

Business - Start

Visit the Secretary of State’s website for more information.

For help determining which business licenses you might need, contact the Wyoming Small Business Development Center (SBDC) Network for one-on-one guidance with business licensing and permitting questions and needs. Contact Cindy Unger for help at [email protected].

Contact the SBDC or the City or County where the business will operate.

Cindy Unger: 234-6685 or [email protected]

The Wyoming Small Business Development Center (SBDC) offers one-on-one business counseling services …

Business Ready Community

All BRC grants/loans must have a local government sponsor. The Challenge Loan Program, however, is bank participatory and does not require local government sponsorship.

All BRC applicants must be a city, town, county, Joint powers board or Tribe. The grant/loans are for publicly owned infrastructure.

Many factors affect the application/award of a BRC grant/loan. For planning purposes, from the time the BRC grant/loan is submitted to the WBC until the time an applicant spend funds is about six months. This does not include the time spent developing the application.

Depending on whether the applicant is a Tier 1 or Tier 2, the match can vary from 5-25%.

The WBC accepts applications on a quarterly basis: March 1, June 1, September 1 and December 1. Business Committed applications can be accepted at any time, however, a justified explanation for moving the application forward outside the regular board meeting dates must be communicated and verified by the WBC.

Share process and draft/date range of timelines needed to meet each deadline (include public notice dates, city or county meeting dates, etc.)


Community Development

You do not need to be affiliated with the national Mainstreet program to apply for community grants, however you must take a four-hour Placemaking training in order to qualify.

Learn more by contacting Kayla Kler at [email protected].

Community Development - Main Street


Contact the Wyoming Procurement Technical Assistance Center (PTAC) for assistance.

Licensing & Permitting

Necessary permits and licenses are issued by the city or county in which the work or business will be located. Reach out to your local government for assistance.

Contact the Wyoming Department of Revenue at 307.777.5200

Public Comments & Records

Using a comment form; by email to [email protected]; or by mail to Wyoming Business Council ATTN: Public Comment 214 West 15th Street Cheyenne, WY 82002

By submitting a written request to [email protected]; or by mail to Wyoming Business Council ATTN: Public Records 214 West 15th Street, Cheyenne, WY 82002. Fees may apply as set forth in rule.

Rural Development


We don’t have resources specific to workforce, but can recommend that you check out the training grants available through the Department of Workforce Services.

Skip to content