What’s your vision for a prosperous Wyoming? The Wyoming Business Council sees a future where Wyoming’s industries are strong, diverse and expanding. Small business is a big deal. Wyoming is the technology center of the High Plains. Communities have the highest quality of life. Wyoming knows no boundaries.
The state’s economic development agency has several new employment opportunities tied to our fresh strategic plan, and we invite you to embark on this journey with us.
Our team includes more than 40 members committed to Increasing Wyoming’s Prosperity through business and community development. We communicate and we are a team. We are flexible, collaborative and get the work done. We work in an environment of integrity, support and pride. We make change happen and we are leaders.
Business Recruitment Manager
The Wyoming Business Council seeks a Business Recruitment Manager to lead the Business Council's business attraction efforts aimed at enticing out-of-state companies to expand or relocate to Wyoming.
The Business Recruitment Manager
• Develops and maintains contacts with target industries and site selectors to attract business and industry to Wyoming.
• Develops relationships with prospects to match company needs to locations and resources in Wyoming.
• Advocates for Wyoming as a place for doing business and a passion to drive others toward that same vision.
• Builds and uses personal/professional networks to attract expanding/relocating companies to Wyoming.
• Seeks, develops and encourages prospects to do business in Wyoming resulting in job creation and capital investment.
Successful applicants must
• Have strong sales, promotion and advocacy skills.
• Have persuasion, influence and relationship-building skills.
• Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, to build and promote trust and teamwork.
• Have solid decision-making skills and work well both independently and as a member of a team.
The education and experience to be successful in this position may include a bachelor's degree in business, marketing or a similar field plus 5 years' experience in economic development or a related field.
Complete job description and applications are available at www.wyomingbusiness.org/content/jobs.
Send application and resume to Katie O’Bryan at the Wyoming Business Council, 214 W 15th St.; Cheyenne, WY 82001 or e-mail ApplyatWyomingBusinessCouncil@wyo.gov. Applications received by September 21, 2018 will receive primary consideration.
The Wyoming Business Council is an at-will employer and conducts criminal background investigations.
Download Employment Application (PDF)
Other Employment Resources:
Wyoming Office of Tourism
Wyoming State Government
Wyoming Job Bank
Wyoming Department of Workforce Services