Wyoming - The Opportunity State
Every state has opportunity zones, but only Wyoming couples these federal advantages with state incentives like NO personal or corporate income tax, LOW sales and property taxes, and one of the largest sovereign wealth funds in the nation. That means a stable, reliable environment for business owners.
Use the tool with the link below to view the latest Wyoming opportunity zones and available sites.
Find Your Regional Director For Help Navigating Opportunity Zones
Why Invest In An Opportunity Zone?
Any taxpayer can defer capital gains taxes by reinvesting those gains in a qualified opportunity fund.
A qualified opportunity fund is any investment vehicle that holds at least 90 percent of its assets in qualified opportunity zone investments, including:
- Property (e.g. real estate, equipment, infrastructure) within an opportunity zone
- Stock or equity in a trade or business whose owned or leased property is in a qualified opportunity zone
Through a series of basis increases, capital gains taxes are decreased through time as the investment is held in the fund. If the investment is held in a qualified opportunity fund for 10 years, the basis of the investment is equal to the fair market value of the investment.
- Directory of Opportunity Zone Funds
- Opportunity Zone Fact Sheet
- Federal Opportunity Zone page
- IRS Form 8996
Opportunity Zones: A Diverse Portfolio of Opportunities
The tracts nominated in Wyoming offer tremendous opportunities for investors and communities.
A range of investment opportunities
- Businesses – startups, expansion, and recruitment
- Real estate
- Cities, towns, and rural areas
- Statewide distribution