For more than 50 years, the President of the United States has issued a proclamation announcing National Small Business Week, which recognizes the critical contributions of America’s entrepreneurs and small business owners.
More than half of Americans either own or work for a small business, and they create about two out of every three new jobs in the U.S. each year.
As part of National Small Business Week, the U.S. Small Business Administration takes the opportunity to highlight the impact of outstanding entrepreneurs, small business owners, and others from all 50 states and U.S. territories. Every day, they’re working to grow small businesses, create 21st century jobs, drive innovation, and increase America’s global competitiveness.
This week, we want to congratulate our state award winners:
- 2019 Wyoming Small Business Person of the Year: Ryan Gregory, President, Wyoming Roofing, LLC., Sheridan
- 2019 Wyoming 8(a) Graduate of the Year: Bairco Construction, LLC., Lovell
- 2019 Wyoming Exporter of the Year: GF Harvest, LLC., Powell
- 2019 Spirit of Wyoming Award: Fashion Crossroads, LLC., Casper
Each winner has been invited to attend ceremonies in Washington, D.C. on May 5-6 where they will be honored for their achievements. During the ceremonies, the SBA will announce the 2019 National Small Business PErson of the Year.
“We are thrilled to recognize this year’s winners for their many accomplishments and contributions to communities around our state,” said District Director Amy Lea, U.S. Small Business Administration, Wyoming District Office. “Wyoming is such a business-friendly place and we’re never surprised to receive great nominations for these awards, but this year’s winners are truly exceptional.”
Wyoming towns are celebrating in all sorts of ways this week. Here's just a sample of events around the state:
- Laramie is holding a government contracting workshop to help Wyoming businesses snag a piece of the $377 million spent by the federal government on goods and services annually.
- Rock Springs is holding a Small Business Resource Fair to introduce small business owners to some of the state and federal resources they may not know about, but who stand at the ready to help them become more productive and profitable.
- Powell is holding a workshop to teach entrepreneurs with an idea how to start their own business.
- Green River is holding a Wednesday for Women social event for female business leaders to network.
- Lander is hosting a business financial class to help small business owners get their books in order and help their bottom line.
- Sheridan is holding a Tech Meet Up for entrepreneurs interested in the technology and innovation space.
Happy National Small Business Week, Wyoming!